Thursday, November 1, 2007

When the Veil is Thinnest



Things seemed a bit more surreal than usual last night. Instead of wearing masks, people came closer to share their true selves. Identities blurred, Devas spoke of pain through Avatars. Work performed is mundane offices was performed as favor in the Shared Dream. Was it the Baron or the Amazon than took me shopping for a new sense of poise? Was it Qli or my Higher Being that reached out to a friend, battered and bruised by betrayal?

In the industrial park of Babbage I witnessed the end of Nature's rites performed and pyres vanish with the digital dawn.

We sat and laughed in a town called Hostel that was certainly Hostile. An old town opened but that day. Victorian decay and dark metal noize. The ruler is the slave, the whore and the midnight sacrifice to the jaws of wolves.

Discussions of extending the tendrils of Europa and Bloodwing sent ripples through the pond. No place for constructs or cat-people. At least not yet.

The lava in Steelhead's Harbor is rising. I'm certain it's related to the new sims destined to rise. But this is as much water as lava. The dolphins still jump and the pier as not in ashes. Spirits are at work here.

I will become the Lava Demoness and descend into the depths to see what endangers my birthplace, and speak to it. Hopefully this will be solved peacefully.

~Qli

5 comments:

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

(Pardon for that, a premature posting above.)

I cannot speak for my sister's or my motivating spirit's actions last night, but when my head cleared and I found myself across the table from you in Hostel... heh. It reminded me a little of the time I spent with Bill and Barry, facing down monsters. I feel bad about the dancer, of course, but I tried.

After you vanished, the lycan threatening me tried one more time (a mere scratch, really) and then they inexplicably left en masse - including the one with the traffic cones in her eyes.

All that was left was the vampiress and a young woman who came in - a ward of the absent doctor, apparently. I offered to walk the girl home, but apparently she feared her guardian might take my presence amiss.

After that... it faded again. I see from your comments that I... we did finally take you shopping as promised. I hope the trip was fruitful.

Please do let me know if your father sets up shop there eventually. I would like to visit again... in sufficient numbers for safety.

Yrs.,

Klaus Wulfenbach

Qlippothic said...

A ward of the Doctor? Was it a young girl with a key in her back, or someone of grown stature?

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

She never turned around, but she appeared to be a normal human woman. She shared a surname with the unfortunate dancer who was slaughtered so close to us.

Yrs.,

KW

Qlippothic said...

Two updates:

The red tide has subsided thanks to Sheriff Ortega's..intervention. Luckily I was not in the lava when the "cleanup" occurred.

And, I am told by our orchestrator form last night, Miss Nova, that Hostel is now officially open to constructs. All one needs is a DCS2 HUD. This is a relief for her as well, since I already knew her from other circles of artificial beings.

Unfortunately the sim is still closed to nekos. Sorry, Koen!