Monday, August 6, 2007

On Duty and Beauty

Lady Darkling has sold the propery upon which CFB-K (Caledon Fire Brigade - Cay) currently stands. My father has spoken to one of the two Jägers who have purchased the land, Mavromichali Szondi. The other humanoid, as I read from the new deed, is Patches Mathy. I will hazard a guess and assume they are a couple.

Mr. Szondi agrees that the Fire Brigade should keep its outpost in the Cay, especially considering the rough-and-tumble nature of the neighborhood. He has provided us with a new sign. He even mentioned stocking the firehouse with sellable furniture, or even a new structure.. *crosses fingers*

I transported to Primverness to add the new sign to CFB-HQ. They still had the decor for the Order of the Wounded Rabbit hanging for the militiamen that were injured in the first Martian invasion.

...

Moving right along..

While searching for the lift going down I ran into Naddeh Slade, an inventor who spoke to someone about me, and somehow got the impression that I was Sir Edward's daughter! I corrected him, telling him that was indeed speaking to my father, Dr. Mason.

He asked me if I'd like to buy a new arm. I'm always looking for spare parts, so I negotiated what I thought was a decent price which included the blueprints for modifying it.


I take a predictably abrupt ride in Mr Slade's craft to the ground..

And something..is..missing.

I assume this is temporary. With one firehouse in absentia and another one with new owners I was starting to worry.

WHile I refit the arm to a size and shape compatible with my chassis, Sysperia Poppy contacts me. She say she wants me to pose and be interviewed for her Beautiful People collection. Much of what was discussed was Out of Character, and some even private. She told me things I needed so desperately to hear about myself, my House, and my Deva.

To be involved in the exhibit means highlighting the person behind the avatar..avatars..as the pixels being manipulated. For the sake of Art, and possibly of Healing, I was being invited to disclose facts I keep to my closest friends and family. I have much to ponder.


~Qli

2 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Take care - once said, there's no way of unsaying them. Listen to your head and your heart together.

Eladrienne Laval said...

I do hope that your firehouse situation is resolved very soon! And congratulations about inclusion in the upcoming exhibit. I believe Miss Poppy will capture you well...